Our contact details
Name: Museum as Muck
Museum as Muck is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 1 March 2021.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- name, organisation, job title and department
- email address
- demographic information such as location, age, race, gender and sexuality
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- you complete the membership sign up form or contact form for organisations
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Google analytics when you use the website
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Keep a record of our network membership
- Map the demographics of our membership.
- Send network updates, or information and events relevant to our members using the email address which you have provided.
- Respond to enquiries about working with Museum as Muck
- Monitor the usage of the website
We may share this information with third party stakeholders in anonymised aggregated form.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in the EU.
We keep personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. We will then dispose of your information by erasing the data from our database.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk